Creamy Mixed Fresh Mushroom Soup with PREMIUM PLUS Crackers
Prep time40 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 3/4 cup soup and 3 crackers each.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb. (450 g) sliced mixed fresh mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster and shiitake
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup 18% table cream
- 18 Premium Plus Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter with oil in Dutch oven or small stockpot on medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until crisp-tender.
- Add wine; cook 1 min., stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, tarragon and pepper; cook 5 to 7 min. or until mushrooms are softened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in flour. Add vegetable stock; stir. Bring to boil on medium-high heat; continue boiling 5 min., stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream; cook and stir 5 min. or until heated through.
- Serve topped with crackers and cheese.
Substitute 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves for the chopped tarragon.
Prepare using mushroom or vegetable broth.
This recipe can be adjusted to use any cream you have on hand. To use half-and-half, decrease the vegetable stock to 2 cups and substitute 2 cups half-and-half (10%) for the table cream. To use heavy cream, increase the vegetable stock to 3-1/2 cups and substitute ½ cup heavy cream (35%) for the table cream.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|