Couple's Night Snacking Board
Prep time20 min
ServingsImage shows 2 servings.
- Garlic and herb fresh soft cheese
- Sliced stick salami and white cheddar cheese
- Crispers All Dressed Crackers and Wheat Thins Multigrain Crackers
- Fresh strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Dried fruit-and-nut mix
- Maynards Fuzzy Peach Candy and Maynards Swedish Berries Candy
- Cadbury Caramilk Chocolate and Cadbury Dairy Milk Milk Chocolate Bars
- Spoon cheese spread into small bowl; place on small board or platter. Add salami, cheddar cheese and crackers to board.
- Fill in empty spaces with remaining ingredients.
- Snack boards can be prepared for any number of servings. For each guest, use a guideline of 30 g cheese, 15 g meat, 2 Tbsp. spread and 20 g crackers. Add 40 g candy for a sweet treat. For a satisfying and well-balanced board, fill in any empty gaps on the board with fresh berries, and ¼ cup dried fruit-and-nut mix.
- Vary the Cheese, Meat and Fruits
Soft, semi-soft and firm cheeses come in cubes, slices, logs and wedges - all of which can add more interest to the board. Substitute leftover cooked turkey or ham for the salami. Choose fruits that are in season and have complementary flavours and shapes, such as clusters of grapes, sliced crisp apples, sliced fresh pears and soft berries.
- Make it Simple
Pre-sliced and cubed cheeses and meats; and prepared dips and spreads can be purchased from your supermarket.