Blood Orange-Pecorino TRISCUIT Bites
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 3 topped crackers (93 g) each.
- 1 piece Pecorino Romano cheese(15 g)
- 12 Triscuit Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Crackers
- 1 blood orange, sectioned
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh chives
- Use vegetable peeler to shave cheese into thin slices.
- Top crackers with cheese and remaining ingredients.
- How to Section an Orange
Sectioning (supreming) is a technique that removes the membrane from the orange so it can be served in sections. To section an orange, use a sharp knife to cut thin slice top off top and bottom of orange. Stand orange on one end, then start at top of orange to carefully cut peel off orange, following the curve of the orange with each cut. Carefully remove orange sections by making cuts on both sides of each section, inserting knife between membrane and section. The sections should come out easily, leaving the membranes intact.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||30 %DV|