SOUR PATCH KIDS Ice Cream Tacos
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1 taco each.
- 1 pkg. (185 g) Maynards Sour Patch Kids Candy, divided
- 6 crunchy flat-bottom taco shells
- 12 squares Cadbury Premium Dark Dark Chocolate, melted
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 1 drop green food colouring
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 small lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Reserve 30 candies for later use. Place remaining candies in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; freeze 1 hour.
- Crush frozen candies. Use small spatula or back of spoon to coat edges of taco shells with melted chocolate; sprinkle edges with crushed candies. Let stand 20 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- Place coconut in small resealable plastic bag. Add food colouring; seal bag. Shake bag to evenly tint coconut.
- Scoop ice cream into 18 small mounds; place in taco shells. Sprinkle with chili powder; drizzle with hot sauce. Top with coconut and reserved whole candies.
- Serve with lime wedges.
- How to Crush the Frozen Candies
Use meat mallet or bottom of a heavy skillet to crush the frozen candies while still in the bag. If crushed candies stick together, lightly tap bag on countertop to separate the candy pieces before using as directed.
- Food Safety
Do not freeze the assembled ice cream tacos topped with the whole candies.
These ice cream tacos are sure to be a hit with kids. In addition to being fun to make, each taco is an easy-to-serve portion.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|