RITZ-Topped Saucy Spinach Bake
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1/2 cup (125 mL) each.
- ¾ cup (3/4 of 250-g tub) herb and garlic soft light cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 2 pkg. (227 g each) fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded light mozzarella-cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 25 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook and stir cream cheese spread and milk in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 to 3 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended. (Do not boil.)
- Add spinach in batches, stirring after each addition until spinach is evenly coated with sauce; cover. Cook 2 to 3 min. or until spinach is wilted. Stir in half the shredded cheese.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Combine cracker crumbs and remaining shredded cheese; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Bake 10 min. or until spinach mixture is heated through and sauce is hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
- How to Wash Fresh Spinach
Spinach can hold a lot of dirt and must be thoroughly washed before using. To clean, fill a large bowl with water, then swish spinach around in water until most of the dirt comes off. Repeat process 2 or 3 times, using clean water each time, until no more dirt clings to the spinach. Rinse spinach thoroughly under running water. Remove hard stems; discard. Add leaves to salad spinner; spin dry. Or, pat leaves dry with paper towels.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A||80 %DV|
|Vitamin C||35 %DV|