RITZ Pork & Black Bean Chili
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1 cup (250 mL) chili and 6 crackers each.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/2 lb./675 g), cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 cans (398 mL each) black beans, drained
- 1 can (796 mL) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 plantain, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- Ritz Crackers
- Cook onions and bacon in large saucepan on medium-high heat 5 min. or just until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add meat; cook 8 min. or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in cayenne pepper and paprika; cook 1 min.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add plantains; cook and stir 5 min. or until heated through.
- Serve topped with sour cream with the crackers on the side.
- Food Facts
Look for plantains in Hispanic grocery stores, or in the produce section of larger supermarkets.
Substitute canned seasoned diced tomatoes for the stewed tomatoes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 6g|