HONEY MAID Creamy Lemon Squares
Prep time25 min
Total time3hr 53min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 square (53 g) each.
- 1 cup Honey Maid Crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cold non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest, divided
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. icing sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Mix crumbs, 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese spread and granulated sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 Tbsp. lemon zest, juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
- Bake 25 to 28 min. or until centre is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkle with icing sugar and remaining zest just before cutting into squares to serve.
- How to Easily Sprinkle with Icing Sugar
Measure icing sugar into fine-meshed wire strainer, then shake over dessert.
- Note from the Kitchens
For a softer crust, reduce crust baking time to 5 min.
- Make Ahead
Dessert can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|