Apple-Pear NILLA Crumble Pie
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 5min
ServingsMakes 10 servings, 1 piece (100 g) each.
- 24 Peek Freans Nilla Wafers, finely crushed (about 2/3 cup)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell (1/2 of 350-g pkg.), thawed
- 2 large baking apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 large fresh pear, peeled, sliced
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix wafer crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese carefully onto bottom of pie shell; sprinkle with half the crumb mixture. Combine fruit in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer in pie shell; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 min. or until fruit is tender and pie shell is lightly browned. Cool completely. Serve topped with whipped topping.
- Food Facts
Popular choices of baking apples include Golden Delicious, McIntosh or Empire.
- Special Extra
Top each serving with whipped toppingas directed, then sprinkle lightly with ground ginger.
You'll know it is a special occasion when the aroma from this special treat fills the house.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|