TRISCUIT Pesto Holiday Tree
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 6 topped crackers (54 g) each.
- ¼ cup drained mixed roasted red and yellow peppers
- 2 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 24 Triscuit Original Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Use small canape or cookie cutter to cut a 1-inch star from 1 roasted yellow pepper; reserve for later use. Chop red peppers and remaining yellow peppers.
- Spread pesto onto crackers.
- Reserve 3 topped crackers for later use. Arrange remaining topped crackers, in 6 descending rows, on large platter to resemble a Christmas tree as shown in photo.
- Add 1 of the reserved topped crackers for the tree trunk. Arrange remaining reserved topped crackers around tree for gifts.
- Top crackers with chopped peppers; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place reserved pepper star at top of tree.
- Easy Way to Top Crackers with Pesto
Use a pastry brush to spread the pesto onto the crackers.
- Fun Variation
Add additional strips of roasted peppers to make bows and ribbons for the gifts. Garnish with small fresh basil leaves.
Prepare using just the red peppers. Then, cut the star from a slice of cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|