SOUR PATCH KIDS Graveyard Cake
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 45min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 48 Maynards Sour Patch Kids Candy, divided
- 1 cup ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- Black decorating gel
- 4 Honey Maid Wafers, broken in half
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in 36 candies. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Use foil handles to transfer cake from pan to cutting board; discard foil. Cut 1-inch-wide strip off each side of cake; crumble strips into medium bowl.
- Transfer cake rectangle to platter; spread top and sides with frosting. Sprinkle with cake crumbs.
- Use decorating gel to write notes on wafer pieces to resemble grave headstones as shown in photo. Let stand until gel is firm.
- Stand wafer pieces in top of cake. Decorate with remaining candies.
Substitute Peek Freans Shortcake Biscuits for the wafers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|