RITZ Samosa Snacker
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 3 servings, 4 topped crackers (70 g) each.
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes (340 g), cooked, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 serrano pepper or Thai chili pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. grated gingerroot
- ½ tsp. EACH chili powder, garam masala, ground cumin and salt
- ¾ cup frozen small peas (Do not thaw.)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus 12 leaves for garnish
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 12 Ritz Crackers
- 1 Tbsp. tamarind chutney
- Mash potatoes lightly, leaving a few small chunks; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add peppers and ginger; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in dry seasonings. Add potatoes and peas; stir. Cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Add chopped cilantro and lemon juice; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture evenly onto crackers; top with chutney and cilantro leaves.
- Cool remaining potato mixture, then refrigerate up to 3 days before using as desired.
- How to Use the Leftover Potato Mixture
Use the leftover potato mixture to prepare traditional samosas. Or, you can reheat the potato mixture and serve it as a hot side dish.
Prepare these sliders using your favorite homemade or store-bought tamarind chutney. Or you can instead prepare this delicious recipe using mint chutney.
- Special Extra
Top these savory sliders with homemade pickled red onions. To prepare, combine 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions, 1 Tbsp. white vinegar and 1/4 tsp. sugar in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 sec. Let stand 5 min., stirring occasionally. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 1/3 cup.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|