RITZ-Coated Crab Poppers
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 15 servings, 2 topped crackers (39 g) each.
- 60 Ritz Crackers, divided
- ½ lb. (225 g) lump crabmeat, well picked over
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, divided
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sweet red peppers, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Crush 30 crackers finely; place 1/2 cup in pie plate and reserve for later use. Combine remaining cracker crumbs with crabmeat, egg, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp. onions and 1 Tbsp. chopped red peppers.
- Roll crabmeat mixture into 30 (1-inch) balls. Add, 1 at a time, to reserved cracker crumbs in pie plate; roll to evenly coat crabmeat balls with crumbs.
- Place on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining mayonnaise with lemon juice and cayenne pepper until blended.
- Spread about 1 tsp. mayonnaise mixture onto each of the remaining whole crackers.
- Place crab puffs on crackers. Top with remaining mayonnaise mixture, onions and chopped red peppers.
- Make Ahead
The crabmeat mixture can be rolled into balls ahead of time. Do not coat with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate up to 24 hours along with the mayonnaise mixture. Store reserved crumbs in resealable plastic bag at room temperature until ready to use as directed.
Prepare using light mayonnaise and Ritz 65% Less Sodium Crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|