Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburger RITZwich
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 2 cracker sandwiches (66 g) each.
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 24 Ritz Crackers
- 2 process cheese slices, each cut into 6 pieces
- 12 slices packaged fully cooked bacon
- 12 dill pickle chip slices
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Shape meat into 12 (1-1/4-inch) patties. Cook in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 1 min. on each side.
- Place 1 burger on each of 12 crackers; top with cheese and remaining crackers to make 12 sandwiches.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice around each cracker sandwich; place, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake 5 min. or until burgers are done and cheese is melted.
- Top with pickles and ketchup.
This recipe works best when prepared with store-bought fully cooked bacon slices because they are generally thinner and more flexible than cooked regular bacon slices. If you choose to prepare this recipe starting with raw bacon that you cook yourself, follow these guidelines. Do not use thick bacon slices. Cook the bacon until cooked through but not crisp. The bacon needs to retain some flexibility to wrap around the cracker without breaking. The bacon will continue to crisp during the 5 min. of baking time.
- Jazz it Up
Insert toothpicks decorated with your favourite sports team's name or colours into centre of each cracker sandwich before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|