Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I tell if a Mr. Christie product has been “made in a peanut-free facility”?
A. Mr. Christie products that have been made in a peanut-free facility will have a red Peanut Free flash on the front of the outer carton and on the individual pouches stating that the product was “Made in a Peanut Free Facility”.
Q. Are all Mr. Christie products made in a peanut-free facility?
A. No. Only the Mr. Christie Snak Paks products with the “Made in a Peanut- Free Facility” flash, on the outer carton and on the individual pouch, are made in a peanut- free facility. Not all Mr. Christie products and sizes are manufactured in a peanut-free facility. Always read the label carefully.
Q. Why don’t the different package sizes of Mr. Christie's Teddy Grahams Honey, Mr. Christie's Barnum’s Animal Crackers and Mr. Christie's Mini Chips Ahoy! have a “Made in a Peanut Free Facility” flash?
A. These products do not have a “Made in a Peanut Free Facility” flash because they are made in a different facility.
Q. How do we make sure that our Facility is peanut- free?
A. To make a “Made in a Peanut Free Facility” claim, we have put rigorous allergen control procedures in place that include:
- No peanut or tree nut containing ingredients are used in the Facility. Coconut is used in this Facility however this is not considered to be an allergen. We do not consider coconut a tree nut as it is the seed of a fruit. This definition is consistent with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). We follow the CFIA guidelines for labeling and define peanuts and tree nuts as:
2. tree nuts (almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts [filberts], macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts)
- Supplier audit ensures that their materials have no contact with peanut /tree nuts prior to arriving at our Facility
- Allergen training for all employees
- Employees are not permitted to bring in peanuts or tree nut containing items into the Facility
- Ongoing testing of ingredients and finished product
- Our program was developed with the assistance of a third Party expert
Q. Why doesn’t Mr. Christie Snak Paks Mini OREO’s have a “Made in a Peanut Free Facility” flash?
A. Mr. Christie Snak Paks Mini OREO’s does not have a “Made in a Peanut Free Facility” flash because they are made in a different facility.
Q. Could you provide me a list of your peanut free products?
A. We would not want someone to have an outdated list and not read the ingredient labels; as a result, we are not able to provide a list of peanut free products. We always recommend that you read the ingredient labels every time.
All Mr. Christie products that have been made in a peanut-free facility will have a red flash on the front of the outer carton and on the individual pouch stating that the product was “Made in a Peanut Free Facility”.
Please visit our website for more product information.
Click here for more product information